HOLLANDS CROSSING APEX, NC
NO GLASS IS ALLOWED IN POOL AREAS!!!!! THIS IS A WAKE COUNTY ORDINANCE. BROKEN GLASS IN THE POOL WILL SHUT IT DOWN FOR ALMOST A WEEK AND COST INTO THE THOUSANDS!
For pool issues of any kind including access:
HOURS: 9AM to Dusk
NO LIFEGUARDS ON DUTY
EMERGENCIES CALL 911
The Hollands Crossing community offers the use of two pools for the exclusive enjoyment of members in good standing, as well as their immediate family and guests. “Members in good standing” implies that use of these pools is a revocable privilege that is contingent upon timely payment of all HOA dues, any outstanding fines, as well proper decorum while at the pool.
Parents are strongly encouraged to review the pool rules below and communicate them to any minor family members or guests who are of age to use the pool facilities unaccompanied by an adult.*
LARGE POOL/PLAY AREA:
The larger of the two community pools is located at 306 Grassy Point Rd, and features a 25-meter lap pool that graduates from 3’ to 6’ depths. Additionally, a small shallow alcove that is roped off from the larger area provides small children a safer, more subdued environment to play in. A large deck area offers patio lounge recliners for sunbathing, as well as tables and chairs to secure personal items or to converse around.
The large pool offers shower stalls to promote pool hygiene prior to entering the pool, as well as bathroom facilities for both men and women. Common sense and cleanliness go a long way to keeping the restroom facilities in clean, working order and community support in this regard is greatly appreciated.
Wi-Fi access is available via TimeWarnerCable WiFi HotSpot at both pools. TimeWarnerCable customers can use their account for unlimited access, but all members can enter a valid email address for one hour of uninterrupted use per email address to check emails, browse, or access social media without using their data plan.
The use of personal extension cords from the grounds facilities structure to the tables and/or lounge chairs creates an unnecessary tripping hazard and should be strictly avoided.
This pool is monitored by HD video recording equipment for your protection, and any incidents involving inappropriate conduct, altercations, vandalism, or trespass will be reported to Apex Police Department.
The play area is located at the back of the large swimming pool parking lot directly behind and beside the pool. An engineered play area, allows children a local playground to run, climb, slide, and socialize with other young children while parents sit at the provided benches. A fence prevents little ones from running off into the nearby woods, and the soft bark is easy on little knees as they run, jump and take the occasional spill. Family friendly conversation when young children are present is greatly appreciated.
The lesser of the two community pools, located at 101 Bergen Ave, is a much smaller pool with a less expansive deck area as well. Limited tables and chairs are available at this pool, but a dozen or so reclining lounge chairs are available for sunbathing.
As with the larger pool, the restroom facilities for both men and women, but the shower stalls are located inside the bathrooms. Maintaining the cleanliness of these facilities as common
courtesy dictates is greatly appreciated.
Wi-Fi access is not currently provided at this pool, and the use of personal extension cords, as at the larger pool, is a hazard that should be strictly avoided to prevent tripping.
*POOL AND PLAY AREA RULES
The following pool rules and regulations are distributed for the mutual benefit of the residents and their guests within the Hollands Crossing community. Your cooperation and respect for the rights of others is necessary to insure continued enjoyment of the facilities.
1. Only residents in good standing (current with dues) are allowed the use of the facilities.
2. Pool hours are from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM.**
3. Please use the pool at your own risk. No lifeguard is on duty.
4. Homeowners may invite up to (4) adults and (8) accompanying minors as personal guests. No Exceptions will be made.
5. No person under the age of 14 will be allowed in the pool area unless accompanied by an adult (18 years or older) who assumes responsibility for that person.
6. All persons must shower before entering the pool.
7. Only appropriate swimming attire is allowed in the pool area. No animals of any kind are allowed in the pool area.
8. No animals of any kind are allowed in the pool area.
9. No one is allowed to swim alone.
10. No glass containers of any kind are allowed in pool area. Should glass be broken, Wake County will close the pool until the pool is drained, cleaned, and all glass removed.
11. No food of any kind is allowed inside the pool, please keep all food on the deck area.
12. No bicycles, skateboards, roller blades, scooters, are allowed in the pool area.
13. No floats or rafts larger than 3 feet are allowed in the pool on weekends.
14. No running or horseplay on the deck is allowed in the pool area. Acrobatic flips or cart-wheel leaps into the pool pose a substantial risk of serious trauma are prohibited at all time.
15. No one with an infectious disease, inflamed eyes, nasal, or ear discharge open wounds or bandages will be allowed in the pool.
16 Do not litter. All trash and paper must be put in the trash containers that are provided.
17. Residents will be held responsible for the actions of their family and their guests. Any cost of property damage will be charged to the responsible resident
18. The association or management will not be responsible for the loss or damage to any personal property of any kind.
19. All children that are NOT potty trained MUST wear Rubber Swim Pants. This is a Wake County rule and any potty accidents will result in the pool being closed for a 24-hour period.
20. Smoking is not permitted in the pool area.
21. Parking at the pool areas is restricted for residents and their guests for pool usage only. All other will be towed at the ownerâ€s expense.
22. Replacement pool keys can be obtained by downloading and filling out the Pool Key Replacement form. Please note there is a fee for this.
23. The pool facilities enhance Hollands Crossing and residents should take responsibility for enforcing these rules. When a resident spots infractions, he or she should point them out to the offender. If this does not help, he or she should report the incident to CAS Community Management at (919) 367-7711 or Apex Police (919) 362-8661.
**PLEASE NOTE: VIOLATING THE POSTED POOL HOURS (a.k.a. FENCE JUMPING) IS NOT A MINOR VIOLATION OF POOL RULES. The Apex Police Department has been authorized by the HOA board of directors to arrest anyone caught after hours in the fenced areas on sight and charge them with second degree trespass under N.C.G.S. Article 22B 14-159.13 - which is a class III misdemeanor. Minors caught violating this rule may be subject to persona non grata status at the community pools and their parents may be fined. Parents are urged to stress to their dependents the serious consequences that may befall them should they decide to jump the fence after the posted closing time.
Fines for violation of the rules are up to $100.00 per occurrence.